Monday, April 6, 2009

ANNOYED

I know, good intentions and all, but PLEASE! Why do people think that their "advice" and questions are helpful to those who are infertile! It's almost like "they" don't believe that my situation and desires are real!

Let me list a few of my favorites:

1) It's in the water, just keep drinking it!

Last I heard, drinking water doesn't have much to do with conception! The statement, "It's in the water" says to me, "I'm pregnant! Look at me! Nah, nah, nah, nah, boo-boo!"

2) Are you having sex?

Seriously!? What kind of question is that!?

3) Why are you using Clomid?

Didn't I just explain that to you? Isn't that what we were JUST speaking about?


SIGH... I know, I know... I shouldn't take it personally, but we've been trying for 2 years and FINALLY have an answer, so why not just say, "Great! Good for you! I'm praying for you! Good luck!"???

3 comments:

  1. New Reader... Oh, I So understand the annoyances that come from those who are "fertile" wishing to be of "help" to those of us trying so hard for one baby...

    I loved the "are you having sex" question myself, especially from parents/grandparents. Yep. I figured they ask for such questions then there really are no TMI answers and just shove it all back in their faces. Probably not the best response but I find it shuts them up pretty quickly...

    Good luck!!!!

    ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan,
    Thanks for the support! I had another "having sex" comment thrown my way today! On Easter, of all days! This one is pretty funny...

    Anonymous family member, "You should just lock yourself in a dark room and have sex for 10 days straight. That's what usually works."

    Me, "I don't think that will help for male-factor infertility!"

    Anonymous family member, "Oh."

    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha!!! That's hilarious and I must say, your response to my last post was PERFECT timing!!! hahaha!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete